We Believe in Your Recovery
The Need for Quality Addiction Treatment in South Florida
Plantation Addiction Treatment Center
Addiction is a powerful, complicated chronic disease requiring effective treatment to overcome. What’s important to note is that the right treatment program makes recovery possible.
If you’re looking for a Plantation addiction treatment center, Principles Recovery Center is nearby. We are a family-owned South Florida addiction treatment center offering individualized programming. Whether you’re struggling with alcohol, heroin, cocaine, or any other substance, the Principles Recovery Center team can work with you to build a life in recovery, free from addiction. Principles Recovery Center is a South Florida drug rehab that can help.
“I can not even express the gratitude I have for Principles Recovery Center, from the staff who genuinely cares and it’s evident to the facility itself. This place has given me a whole new perspective on what it means to be in recovery and life in general. The amount of support and help is always there for the taking. This is not a business, this is a place where the staff takes pride in watching us grow and supporting us each step of the way.” - Jacqui M.
South Florida Addiction Treatment
Re-Discover Who You Are in Recovery
Never Be Alone Again.Come Join Our Recovery Family.
The Right Place For You
The Impact of Addiction
Addiction is something that affects every aspect of a person’s life and their family as well. Most people with addiction disorders have experienced effects in their relationships, on their physical health, at work, and even legally and financially.
Symptoms of addiction, aside from compulsive substance use, include:
- Continuing to use drugs or alcohol even though it causes bad outcomes or side effects.
- Abandoning other responsibilities.
- Making substances a top priority above everything else.
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms with attempts to cut back or stop cold turkey.
- Unsuccessfully attempting to cut back or stop using.
- Engaging in risky behaviors while using substances or to try and get more.
When looking for a Plantation addiction treatment center, choosing a facility that understands all the impacts of addiction is essential. Principles Recovery Center offers rehab programs that are comprehensive, specialized, and focused on helping each client meet individual goals.
Request a Confidential Callback 24/7
Why Do Some People Experience Addiction?
One of the biggest questions researchers have attempted to answer in recent years is why some people become addicted to substances, and others don’t. While there’s not one specific answer to this, it’s likely due to a complex interaction between environment, genetics, and someone’s life experiences. Mental health disorders, like anxiety or depression, also raise the risk of experiencing addiction.
Addiction is a disease that affects chemicals in the brain and reward pathways.
Using a substance with potential addiction can activate the same pathways in the brain as other rewarding activities, like eating a great meal. However, the amount of dopamine flooding the brain with substances is much more significant than other activities. That amount of dopamine creates a euphoric high.
If the brain’s reward centers are activated, it compels you to keep using the substance, whether you want to or not.
Eventually, many addicted to drugs or alcohol no longer experience the high. Still, they continue using the substance because of their addiction and also because they would experience withdrawal symptoms if they were to stop.
The critical defining feature of addiction is drug seeking, that’s compulsive and out-of-control, regardless of harmful consequences that occur as a result.
If you’re looking for addiction treatment in Plantation or an effective drug rehab center in Plantation, Principles Recovery Center is available. Our South Florida rehab center works with clients who want to overcome their addiction and live meaningful, self-directed lives, free from the hold of substances.
Effectiveness of Treatment
What Makes a Treatment Program Effective?
If you’re searching for a drug rehab center in Plantation or nearby, you have many options, but they aren’t all equal regarding the quality of care. Certain elements need to exist for an addiction treatment program to be effective.
Things to remember is that treatment should integrate the following principles:
- Treatment should be readily available with as few barriers as possible.
- Not one treatment is right for everyone—many factors play a role in developing and treating addiction. Addiction treatment has to be individualized to the person, reflecting their circumstances and needs.
- Addiction is challenging but treatable and is medically characterized as a chronic brain disorder.
- An effective treatment program should be holistic to meet all individual needs rather than only focusing on substance use. An effective rehab program should consider the physical and mental needs of the person and their emotional needs.
- It’s critical to remain in treatment for a long enough period.
- Behavioral therapies and counseling are the cornerstones of most rehab programs.
- Medications may be needed for many patients as part of a treatment plan.
- As you evolve in your recovery, your treatment plan should as well.
- If someone has other mental health disorders, which are very common in people with addiction disorders, these should also be treated.
- Going through a detox program isn’t an addiction treatment—rather, it’s a first step in the process.
When you’re looking for a Plantation substance abuse treatment program, we encourage you to learn more about Principles Recovery Center. We serve South Florida and other parts of Florida and work with clients from around the country, making us an ideal option if you’re searching for a Plantation addiction treatment center.
We Work With Most Major Insurance
Principles Recovery Center works with most major insurance carriers who provide out-of-network benefits. We are also in-network with Cigna, Beacon, Ambetter, Magellan, and AvMed insurance carriers. Your insurance may help cover the costs associate with treatment at Principles Recovery Center.
We Are Here For You
Levels of Care
At Principles Recovery Center, we offer multiple levels of care. Many clients will participate in several care levels throughout their treatment plan. This is known as a continuum of care.
The philosophy of the continuum of care approach is that you begin with the most intensive level of care first—often inpatient treatment. Then, only as you’re ready and at your own pace do you move into lower levels of care that provide more flexibility and individual accountability.
Some of the available levels of care at Principles Recovery Center include:
- Partial hospitalization program: During a PHP, you receive the benefits of being in a residential, inpatient program, but you can return home in the evenings or to a sober living house. A PHP is also known as partial day rehab, and you receive treatment from a psychiatrist, nurse, and counselors. At Principles Recovery Center, if you’re in a PHP, you receive around 25 hours of care a week, including therapy groups.
- Outpatient rehab: There are many reasons someone might not begin with an inpatient program, including the need to continue meeting other responsibilities. Our outpatient rehab program provides the support you need to recover and a sense of flexibility.
- Dual diagnosis treatment: These programs treat addiction and mental illnesses simultaneously, helping clients learn how to manage both conditions and recover.
- Aftercare: Recovery is something that lasts a lifetime. A big part of treatment and recovery relies on an aftercare plan that includes support groups or 12-step meetings, therapy, sober housing referrals, and continued treatment. At Principles Recovery Center, our aftercare specialists have a network of resources and facilities around the country to ensure you have an established aftercare plan.
Our treatment center also offers specialized programs, including a Spanish program and one for teens.
Get Personalized Treatment
Contact Principles Recovery Today
While Principles Recovery Center doesn’t offer medical detox or inpatient treatment, we can refer you to programs that do.
If you’re looking for a Plantation addiction treatment center, Principles Recovery Center leads the way in South Florida. We have a team of expert providers who understand how to help you meet your goals.
Principles Recovery Center in Davie, Florida, offers evidence-based treatment for substance use and psychiatric disorders. We are family-owned and take a boutique approach to treating addiction disorders. Contact our team today if you’d like to learn more or want to take the next step toward recovery.